Bible Verses for Still - Hillary Scott and The Scott Family

Still - Hillary Scott and The Scott Family




Recently, a friend shared "Still", a song performed by Hillary Scott and The Scott Family, on Facebook and instantly Bible verses were popping up in my mind. I already loved "Thy Will Be Done" from their album Love Remains which Hillary Scott wrote with Emily Weisband and Bernie Herms after struggling with why she had a miscarriage.   That song touches many as they wrestle with their own trials and circumstances.  Similarly, this song deals with trusting God through difficult times and the unknown.







Still
by Justin Ebach and Molly Reed

Verse 1:
I believe that You are God alone
Psalm 86:10 For You are great and do wondrous deeds; You alone are God.
But sometimes I still try to take control
Stephen said in Acts 7:51 “You men who are stiff-necked and uncircumcised in heart and ears are always resisting the Holy Spirit; you are doing just as your fathers did."
Cause I get scared when I can't see the end
Romans 8:24 For in hope we have been saved, but hope that is seen is not hope; for who hopes for what he already sees?
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
And all You want from me is to let go
Proverbs 3:5-6  Trust in the Lord with all your heart And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight.


Chorus:
You're parting waters

Exodus 14:13-14; 21-22 But Moses said to the people, “Do not fear! Stand by and see the salvation of the Lord which He will accomplish for you today; for the Egyptians whom you have seen today, you will never see them again forever. The Lord will fight for you while you keep silent.” . . . Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord swept the sea back by a strong east wind all night and turned the sea into dry land, so the waters were divided. The sons of Israel went through the midst of the sea on the dry land, and the waters were like a wall to them on their right hand and on their left.
Making a way for me
God says in Isaiah 43:19 “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert."
Isaiah 51:10 Was it not You who dried up the sea, The waters of the great deep; Who made the depths of the sea a pathway For the redeemed to cross over
You're moving mountains that I don't even see
Job 9:5 It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how, When He overturns them in His anger;
You've answered my prayer before I even speak
Isaiah 65:24 It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.
All You need for me to be is still
Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.”


Verse 2:
I bring my praise before I bring my need

Praise comes first when Jesus taught his disiples to pray in Luke 11:2-4 And He said to them, “When you pray, say: ‘Father, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. And forgive us our sins, For we ourselves also forgive everyone who is indebted to us'.
Cause there's no fear You've not already seen
About God in Hebrews 4:13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.
Psalm 56:8 You have taken account of my wanderings; Put my tears in Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? 
Psalm 34:4 I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears. 
I rest my heart on all Your promises
About God in 2 Timothy 2:13 If we are faithless, He remains faithful, for He cannot deny Himself.
Hebrews 11:20-21 yet, with respect to the promise of God, he did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform
Cause I have seen and know Your faithfulness

Joshua 21:45 Not one of the good promises which the Lord had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.
Psalm 37:5 Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, and He will do it
Psalm 98:3 He has remembered His lovingkindness and His faithfulness to the house of Israel; All the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses