(22) Behold the lamb of GodJohn 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sins of the world.
(23) He was despisedIsaiah 53:3 He is despised and rejected of men: a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. . .
Isaiah 50:6 [He]gave [His] back to the smiters, and [His] cheeks to them that plucked off the hair: [He] hid not [His] face from shame and spitting.
(24) Surely He hath borne our griefsIsaiah 53:4,5 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows. . . . . . . He was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities:the chastisement of our peace was upon him,
(25) And with His stripes we are healedIsaiah 53:5b and with His stripes we are healed
(26) All we like sheep have gone astrayIsaiah 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
(27) All they that see him laugh him to scornPsalm 22:7 All they that see [him]laugh [him] to scorn: they shoot out their lips, they shake their heads, saying:
(28) He trusted in GodPsalm 22:8 (Matthew 27:43) He trusted [in God] that he would deliver him:let him deliver him, if he delight in him.
(29) Thy rebuke hath broken His heartPsalm 69:20 [Thy] rebuke hath broken [his] heart; [He is] full of heaviness. [He]looked for some to have pity [on Him], but there was none; neither found [He] any to comfort [Him].
(30) Behold, and see if there be any sorrowLamentations 1:12 Behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto [his] sorrow. . .
(31) He was cut off out of the land of the livingIsaiah 53:8b he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of [Thy] people was He stricken.
(32) But Thou didst not leave His soul in hellPsalm 16:10 (Acts 2:27) [But] thou [didst] not leave [his] soul in hell; neither [didst]thou suffer Thy Holy One to see corruption.
(33) Lift up your heads, O ye gatesPsalm 24:7-10 Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of Glory shall come in. Who is the King of Glory? The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of Glory shall come in. Who is the King of Glory? The Lord of Hosts, He is the King of Glory.
(34) Unto which of the angels said He at any timeHebrews 1:5 (Psalm 2:7) For unto which of the angels said He at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee?
(35) Let all the angels of God worship HimHebrews 1:6b "Let all the angels of God worship Him."
(36) Thou art gone up on highPsalm 68:18 (Ephesians 4:8) Thou art gone up on high, Thou hast led captivity captive, and received gifts for men; yea, even for Thine enemies, that the Lord God might dwell among them.
(37) The Lord gave the wordPsalm 68:11 The Lord gave the word: great was the company of [the preachers].
(38) How beautiful are the feetRomans 10:15 (Isaiah 52:7) How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
(39) Their sound is gone outRomans 10:18 (Psalm 19:4) their sound is gone out into all lands, and their words unto the ends of the world.
(40) Why do the nations so furiously rage together?Psalm 2:1,2 (Acts 4:25-26) Why do the heathen rage, and why do the people imagine a vain thing? 2. The kings of the earth rise up, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against His Anointed,
(41) Let us break their bonds asunderPsalm 2:3 Let us break their bonds asunder, and cast away their yokes from us.
(42) He that dwelleth in heavenPsalm 2:4 He that dwelleth in the heavens shall laugh them to scorn; the Lord shall have them in derision.
(43) Thou shalt break themPsalm 2:9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; Thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel.
(44) HallelujahRevelation 19:6 Hallelujah! for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. Revelation 11:15 15. . . the kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ: and He shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 19:16 . . .KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS.