Short Bible Verses to Memorize

Whether you are looking for a simple Bible verse to memorize or you want to find some short Bible verses that would be great for crafts, here is a list of 42 short Bible verses. I tried to choose verses that were not only short but also meaningful and important. I've listed them below, but you can print them out below or here.

If you are wondering why you should memorize Bible verses and how to do it, check out my article with 9 Tips for Memorizing the Bible. And if you are up to the challenge of longer Bible verses trip my 50 Bible Verses to Memorize. Don't underestimate yourself or your children on your ability to memorize. My three-year-old has already memorized John 3:16 and John 10:11 and yours could, too. 

42 Short Bible Verses to memorize or craft | scriptureand.blogspot.com

42 Short Bible Verses

Deuteronomy 5:7 ‘You shall have no other gods before Me.’
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the Lord and His strength; Seek His face continually.
Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid, I will put my trust in You.
Psalm 107:1 Oh give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting.
Psalm 119:11 Your word I have treasured in my heart, that I may not sin against You.
Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Proverbs 27:17 Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Matthew 5:14 “You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden;”
Matthew 11:30 “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
Luke 1:37 “For nothing will be impossible with God.”
Luke 6:31 Treat others the same way you want them to treat you.
John 6:48 I am the bread of life.
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil; cling to what is good.
Romans 12:12 rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,
Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Romans 12:15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Romans 12:18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 13:10 Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Ephesians 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.
Philippians 2:14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing;
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
Colossians 3:2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth.
1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.
2 Corinthians 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight
1 Thessalonians 5:16 Rejoice always;
1 Thessalonians 5:17 pray without ceasing;
1 Thessalonians 5:19 Do not quench the Spirit;
1 Thessalonians 5:22 abstain from every form of evil.
Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
James 1:2 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials,
James 1:3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance.
James 2:17 Even so faith, if it has no works, is dead, being by itself.
1 Peter 5:7 casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you.
1 John 3:18 Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.
1 John 4:8 The one who does not love does not know God, for God is love.

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.
1 John 4:19 We love, because He first loved us.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses