My Favorite Modern Versions of Christmas Songs

The Best Modern Versions of Christmas Carols | scriptureand.blogspot.com

I am a bit of a Christmas Music connoisseur. I have multiple Christmas playlists on my smartphone, but my general Christmas playlist has over 400 songs and is nearly 24 hours long. I grew up listening to Bing Crosby and Perry Como croon Christmas carols on vinyl and loving Michael W. Smith and Amy Grant's newer Christmas songs. I thought I would share with you what I thought was the best modern version of each Christmas carol.  Which are your favorites? Or do you think another artist has topped any of these versions?

The First Noel - TobyMac with Owl City

O Come, O Come Emmanuel - Matt Maher

O Holy Night - Point of Grace

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Natalie Grant

What Child is This? - Jason Bare

Angels We Have Heard on High - Sanctus Real 

or Chris Tomlin

Silent Night - Big Daddy Weave

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Kutless

Joy to the World - Avalon

Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Building 429

God Rest You Merry Gentleman - MercyMe 

or Pentatonix

We Three Kings - Tenth Avenue North


Go Tell It on the Mountain - Big Daddy Weave 


How Great Our Joy - Point of Grace

I Heard the Bells - Casting Crowns

Little Drummer Boy - for King and Country 

or tobyMac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses