According to Thy Gracious Word


One of Jesus' last requests of his disciples before he went to the cross was that they "do this in remembrance of me."  How wonderful to fulfill our Savior's "dying request"!


According to Thy Gracious Word
by James Montgomery


According to Thy gracious word,
In deep humility,
This will I do, my dying Lord,
I will remember Thee.
1 Corinthians 11:23-25 For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you, that the Lord Jesus in the night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "This is My body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of Me." In the same way He took the cup also after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood; do this, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me." 

Thy body, broken for my sake,
My bread from heaven shall be;
Jesus said John 6:50-51 "This is the bread which comes down out of heaven, so that one may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh."
Thy blood my peace, this cup I take,
And thus remember Thee.
Of Jesus in Colossians 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.

Gethsemane can I forget?
Or there Thy sorrow see,
Thine agony and bloody sweat,
And not remember Thee?
Of Jesus in Luke 22:41-44  And He withdrew from them about a stone's throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, saying, "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done." Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

When to the cross I turn mine eyes
And rest on Calvary,
O Lamb of God, blest Sacrifice,
I must remember Thee-
Hebrews 7:26-27 For it was fitting for us to have such a high priest, holy, innocent, undefiled, separated from sinners and exalted above the heavens; who does not need daily, like those high priests, to offer up sacrifices, first for His own sins and then for the sins of the people, because this He did once for all when He offered up Himself.

Remember Thee and all Thy pains
And all Thy love to me;
Yea, while a breath, a pulse remains,
I will remember Thee.
1 Corinthians 11:26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until He comes.

Also, here is a more modern version that I found:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses