Bible Verses For 10,000 Reasons

10,000 Reasons

by Jonas Myrin and Matt Redman

Verse 1:
The sun comes up, it’s a new day dawning
It’s time to sing Your song again
Psalm 59:16 But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, for You have been my stronghold and a refuge in the day of my distress.
Whatever may pass and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes
Psalm 104:33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
Chorus:
Bless the Lord
Oh my soul, oh my soul
Worship His holy name
Psalm 103:1  Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name.
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your holy name
Psalm 96:2 Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
Verse 2:
You’re rich in love
And You’re slow to anger
Ephesians 2:4 But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
Psalm 103:8 The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness.
Your name is great
And Your heart is kind
Jeremiah 10:6 There is none like You, O Lord; You are great, and great is Your name in might.
Psalm 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His lovingkindness toward those who fear Him. 
For all Your goodness
I will keep on singing
Psalm 135:3 Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; Sing praises to His name, for it is lovely.
10, 000 Reasons for my heart to find

Chorus:
Bless the Lord
Oh my soul, oh my soul
Worship His holy name
Psalm 103:2-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget none of His benefits; Who pardons all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases; Who redeems your life from the pit, who crowns you with lovingkindness and compassion; Who satisfies your years with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle.
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your holy name
1 Chronicles 16:23 Sing to the Lord, all the earth; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
Ephesians 5:19 speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; 
Verse 3:
Psalm 103:14-17 For He Himself knows our frame; He is mindful that we are but dust. As for man, his days are like grass; As a flower of the field, so he flourishes. When the wind has passed over it, it is no more, and its place acknowledges it no longer. But the lovingkindness of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear Him, and His righteousness to children’s children, to those who keep His covenant and remember His precepts to do them.
And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Psalm 73:26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
10, 000 Years and then forever more
Psalm 89:1 I will sing of the lovingkindness of the Lord forever; To all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth.
Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in You be glad, let them ever sing for joy; And may You shelter them, that those who love Your name may exult in You.
Chorus:
Bless the Lord
Oh my soul, oh my soul
Worship His holy name (For all Your Goodness)
Psalm 103: 22 Bless the Lord, all you works of His, in all places of His dominion; Bless the Lord, O my soul!
Sing like never before
Oh my soul
I’ll worship Your holy name
Psalm 30:11-12 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing; You have loosed my sackcloth and girded me with gladness, that my soul may sing praise to You and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Comments

  1. I don't always read my emails when they come to my inbox so just read the one this morning when this was first posted and I love how you have shown all the Bible verses.
    Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no justification given for worshiping His Name, can you shoe how this is not some form of idolatry or new heresy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I understand what you are trying to say, but there are many instances in the Bible that mention God's name along with commands similar to worship:
    Matthew 6:9 “Pray, then, in this way: ‘Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name.'"
    Philippians 2:10-11 so that at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
    1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the Lord be glad.
    Psalm 30:4 Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones, And give thanks to His holy name.
    Psalm 34:3 O magnify the Lord with me, And let us exalt His name together.
    Psalm 68:4 Sing to God, sing praises to His name; Lift up a song for Him who rides through the deserts, Whose name is the Lord, and exult before Him.
    Psalm 72:19 And blessed be His glorious name forever; And may the whole earth be filled with His glory. Amen, and Amen.
    Psalm 96:2 Sing to the Lord, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.
    Psalm 148:13 Let them praise the name of the Lord, For His name alone is exalted; His glory is above earth and heaven.
    Hebrew 13:15 Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

    We are even told to believe in Jesus' name:
    John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name,
    1 John 3:23 This is His commandment, that we believe in the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, just as He commanded us.

    God takes seriously the misuse of His name:
    Exodus 20:7 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not leave him unpunished who takes His name in vain."
    Leviticus 19:12 You shall not swear falsely by My name, so as to profane the name of your God; I am the Lord.

    It surely seems that God and His name are often equated in these verses.

    I hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The last verse should be psalm 30 :11-12. Want to msg you in private but i cant find any option to msg you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch on the last verse reference. Thanks for sharing the correction. I edited it above. There is an contact form to message me on the bottom of the right column of the full version of the page. If you are on a mobile device, you can find my contact form on the About "Scripture And" page.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses