Bible Verses for Thank God For Something

Hawk Nelson's "Thank God for Something" by Jon Steingard, Seth Mosley,  and Michael Farren | scriptureand.blogspot.com

The song of thanksgiving for today is less conventional, but a lot of fun.  It is basically the same idea as the hymn Count Your Blessings.  It encourages you to be thankful for something in your life no matter what your circumstances are.  Sometimes you just have to identify all the ways that God has blessed you "one by one" to help you "see what God has done."

If you are going through a difficult time and don't know what to be thankful for, start by reading a passage like Ephesians 1:3-14 and thanking God for all of the spiritual blessings He has given us in Christ.  When you meditate on the fact that someone died for you to have eternal life and many other blessings besides, it is hard to remain ungrateful.




Thank God For Something

by Jon Steingard, Seth Mosley, and Michael Farren

Verse 1:

Mama always said to me the very best medicine is gratitude.
It's not what you don't have, but what you do.
I must admit that I forget that life's a gift.
Hey mama, gonna change my attitude.

Colossians 3:15-16 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ richly dwell within you, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with thankfulness in your hearts to God.
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.

Chorus:
If you got a lot or a lotta nothing,
Go ahead and thank God for something.
You're gonna see the good if you're good at looking,
So go ahead and thank God for something.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

Verse 2:
We have a lot or have a little it's really nothing new.
Happiness should never be a slave to revenue.

We got a breakdown, need a way out, living unbound
When we start singing out a new tune

Philippians 4:11-13 Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.

Chorus:
If you got a lot or a lotta nothing,
Go ahead and thank God for something.
You're gonna see the good if you're good at looking,
So go ahead and thank God for something.

Ephesians 5:20 always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;

Bridge:
In the wonder, in the heartache,
In the good times and the mistakes,
No matter what I am going through
I can always say thank you.
When the blessings are in disguise
Let gratitude open my eyes,

Job 5:17 "Behold, how happy is the man whom God reproves, so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty. For He inflicts pain, and gives relief; He wounds, and His hands also heal."
Psalm 119:67 Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Your word.
2 Corinthians 4:17 For momentary, light affliction is producing for us an eternal weight of glory far beyond all comparison,
Hebrews 12:11 All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.
'Cause I've just been given too much
To do anything but

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.
1, 2, 3, 4
Count my blessings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

Bible Verses for Joy To The World