Christmas Quiz - Biblical Fact vs. Myth

Christmas Quiz: Separating Biblical Fact from Traditional Presumptions | scriptureand.blogspot.com

In my first year of Bible college, I failed my first "quiz"... on Christmas. I thought I had aced it because I had been in Christmas pageants and knew every Christmas carol.  Unfortunately, people have created Christmas cards, carols, children’s plays, artwork, and other items that make assumptions about the Christmas story. While most of these assumptions are harmless (like how many wise men there actually were), it is important to know what the Bible actually says about Jesus birth.  Other Christmas myths are absolutely totally fictional (I'm sure Jesus cried, no matter what Away In the Manger says) and can affect our theology about Christ's humanity.  Some differences seem a little nit-picky (like the angels speaking to the shepherds and not singing), while other mistakes are glaring (like who is following the star in O Little Town of Bethlehem).

Take this Christmas Quiz to see if you can determine what is actually recorded in the Bible and what is not.

You can take the online quiz here.



Or you can print the quiz (and the answer key) out to share with others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses