Bible Verses for Symphony by Switch

Bible Verses for Symphony by Switch | scriptureand.blogspot.com

Yesterday morning someone tweeted a request for me to do a song study on Symphony. Ironically, I had been listening to that song on the radio the other day and the words of the pre-chorus had struck me as being from Romans 8:28. The correlation to Bible verses for the rest of the lines isn't quite as easy. While the principles are scriptural, the words are original (and there's nothing wrong about writing a new song to the Lord - Psalm 149:1).

While the idea that we are God's symphony is not in the Bible, there are other similar ideas. Isaiah and Jeremiah both talk about God as a potter forming us from clay. Paul talks in Ephesians about Christians being His workmanship. These expressions of us as God's artistic design (not only in our initial creation but also forming us throughout our lives) definitely relate to the idea of being God's musical masterpiece.


If you are unfamiliar with this song, Below is a video of the song and here is a link to an interview with some of the authors about writing the song and what it means.




Symphony

by Dameon Aranda, Louis Biancaniello, Michael Biancaniello, Dillon Chase, 
Cassidy Estevez, Rob Estevez, Luke Guevara

Verse 1:

Sometimes it's hard to breathe
All these thoughts that shout at me
Try to bring me to my knees
And it's overwhelming

Psalm 109:22-24 For I am afflicted and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. I am passing like a shadow when it lengthens; I am shaken off like the locust. My knees are weak from fasting, and my flesh has grown lean, without fatness.
Darkness echoes all around
Feels like everything is crashing down

Psalm 139:11-12 If I say, “Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night,” Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You.
Still I know where my hope is found
And it's only You

Speaking of Christ in 1 Peter 1:20-21 For He was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you who through Him are believers in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.
Pre-Chorus:
You say You're working
Everything for my good, and
I believe every word

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Chorus:
 'Cause even in the madness there is peace

Drowning out the voices all around me
Isaiah 26:12 Lord, You will establish peace for us, since You have also performed for us all our works.
Through all of this chaos
You are writing a symphony

Philippians 2:12-13 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.
And even in the madness, there is peace
Drowning out the voices all around me
Isaiah 26:3 “The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, because he trusts in You.”
Through all of this chaos
You are writing a symphony

1 Corinthians 14:33 (Darby) For God is not [a God] of disorder but of peace, as in all the assemblies of the saints.

Verse 2:
Tune my heart to Your beat

Let me be Your melody
Psalms 125:4 (NLT) O Lord, do good to those who are good, whose hearts are in tune with you.
Even when I cannot see
What You're orchestrating

Jeremiah 18:4 But the vessel that he was making of clay was spoiled in the hand of the potter; so he remade it into another vessel, as it pleased the potter to make.
Even when the dark surrounds
You'll never let me drown

Lamentations 3:22-23 The Lord’s lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
I know that my hope is found 
In the name of Jesus

Colossians 1:27 to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

Bridge:
I wanna truly know if You compose
Beautiful music though 

Psalms 40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; Many will see and fear and will trust in the Lord.
Psalm 32:7 You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance. Selah. 
From all my unruly notes 
The distance is dissonance, move in close

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.
Now I see erased the scales from eyes 
Acts 9:18 And immediately there fell from his eyes something like scales, and he regained his sight, and he got up and was baptized;
Acts 26:18 ‘to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.’
Then played the scale of my life
Chaos played off with a chord in accord 

Romans 15:5 (ESV) May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
With the source prevailing through strife
And I've tasted suffering 

James 5:10-11 As an example, brethren, of suffering and patience, take the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We count those blessed who endured. You have heard of the endurance of Job and have seen the outcome of the Lord’s dealings, that the Lord is full of compassion and is merciful.
I've been embraced by the painful buffering 
James 1:2-4 Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
I've been bound by doubts so loud right now 
Jude 1:22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting;
But a melody is made when you play these rusty keys
So we all gotta get pressed 
Tuned up like instruments

1 Peter 1:6-7 In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
But I know 
All of life's tempo is set
Whenever we remember this

Galatians 5:25 (ESV) If we live by the Spirit, let us also keep in step with the Spirit.

Comments

  1. Thank you guys for analyzing this song in a scriptural verse-by-verse format! I'm currently working on a project using "Symphony" where I needed a site that had something exactly like this, and you guys provided what I was looking for, so thank you again for your convenience! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you were able to use this. My prayer is that it will glorify the Lord.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

More Free Birthday Images with Bible Verses