(45) I know that my redeemer livethJob 19:25, 26 I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand on the latter day upon the earth: And though worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.
1Corinthians 15:20 [For] now is Christ risen from the dead. . . the firstfruits of them that [sleep].
(46) Since by man came death1Corinthians 15:21,22 Since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
(47) Behold I tell you a mystery1Corinthians 15:51,52 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep; but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet;
(48) The trumpet shall sound1Corinthians 15:52b-53. the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
(49) Then shall be brought to pass1Corinthians 15:54b (Isaiah 25:8) then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, 'Death is swallowed up in victory.'
(50) O death where is thy sting?1Corinthians 15:55-56 (Hosea 13:14) O death, where is thy sting? O grave where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
(51) But thanks be to God1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, who giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
(52) If God be for usRomans 8:31, 33, 34 If God be for us, who can be against us? Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth. Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is at the right hand of God, who makes intercession for us.
(53) Worthy is the LambRevelation 5:12, 13 Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. . . . Blessing, and honour, glory and power, be unto Him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. Amen.
For the rest of Handel's Messiah, click below: