Bible Verses to Anthem Light's Easter Medley

Bible Verses to Anthem Light's Easter Medley | scriptureand.blogspot.com


My husband recently came across this video of a mash-up of Easter songs by Anthem Lights. It's fabulous. The songs flow together seamlessly and the harmony is amazing, but all three songs have words based on Scripture making the song even more powerful. And if you like Because He Lives by Bill and Gloria Gaither, then you should check out my song study of Matt Maher's Because He Lives (Amen).

If you are interested in more songs and children's lessons for Easter, check out my Easter page.




Easter Medley

Because He Lives by Bill and Gloria Gaither
My Redeemer Lives by Nicole C. Mullen
Arise, My Love by Eddie Carswell

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Because He lives, all fear is gone
Hebrews 2:14-15 Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, and might free those who through fear of death were subject to slavery all their lives.
Because I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
Job 19:25-28 “As for me, I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last He will take His stand on the earth. Even after my skin is destroyed, yet from my flesh I shall see God; Whom I myself shall behold, and whom my eyes will see and not another. My heart faints within me!”
All of creation testifies
Psalm 19:1 The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
Romans 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.
This life within me cries
Romans 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
I know...
He holds the future

David writes to God in Psalm 31:15 My times are in Your hand; Deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me.

Proverbs 16:9 The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. 
And life is worth the living, just because He lives
Romans 6:8-11 Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with Him, knowing that Christ, having been raised from the dead, is never to die again; death no longer is master over Him. For the death that He died, He died to sin once for all; but the life that He lives, He lives to God. Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.


The very same God
That spins things in orbit

Jeremiah 33:25 Thus says the Lord, ‘If My covenant for day and night stand not, and the fixed patterns of heaven and earth I have not established,
Runs to the weary, the worn, and the weak
And the same gentle hands that hold me when I'm broken
Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30 Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”
They conquer death to bring me victory
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Arise, my love
Arise, my love
The grave no longer has a hold on you
2 Timothy 1:10 but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,
No more death's sting
No more suffering
Arise!
Arise!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, “Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 

Speaking of heaven, in Revelation 21:4 "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.”
Well, I know my Redeemer lives
I know my Redeemer lives
All of creation testifies
This life within me cries
I know, my Redeemer lives

And life is worth the living, just because He lives

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God

Bible Verses for Joy To The World