Bible Verses for When Jesus Leads

The Bible verses for When Jesus Leads by C. Austin Miles | scriptureand.blogspot.com
As I stated in my last post, I found several songs and poems while going through a box containing my grandfather's funeral guest book from 1972. When I talked to my now 94-year-old grandmother just yesterday, she still exhibits the faith in a Lord who cares for her that got her through the difficult time of becoming a young widow. 

I found the hymn When Jesus Leads quoted in a letter from my grandfather's brother shortly after my grandfather's funeral. Though we don't know why the Lord allowed my grandfather to die when my dad was only 16, God has a plan and just because we don't know what it is doesn't mean we can't continue to trust Him and how He leads us. 


The Bible verses for When Jesus Leads by C. Austin Miles | scriptureand.blogspot.com



When Jesus Leads

by C. Austin Miles

Verse 1:
When Jesus leads, the way grows bright,
E’en though before ‘twas darkest night;
About Jesus in John 1:4-5 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

From Him there beams a radiance fair,
A heav’nly light, a light beyond compare.
John 8:12 Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, “I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life.”

Refrain:
I’ll trust Him though I cannot see,
The path through which He leadeth me;
2 Corinthians 5:7 for we walk by faith, not by sight—
My faith in Him shall be my stay;
I am content when Jesus leads the way.
Hebrews 13:5 Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”

Verse 2:
Tho’ dark the path my feet shall tread,
And dark the clouds be overhead,
Speaking of John the Baptist (the child) and Jesus (the Lord) in Luke 1:76-79 “And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Most High; For you will go on before the Lord to prepare His ways; To give to His people the knowledge of salvation by the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, with which the Sunrise from on high will visit us, to shine upon those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.”
I’ll have no fear, for at my side
There walks the Son, my falt’ring steps to guide.
Jesus said in John 14:2-3, 11 “But he who enters by the door is a shepherd of the sheep. To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.... I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”

Verse 3:
I’ll follow Him while life shall last,
Matthew 16:24-25 Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me. For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.
I’ll follow Him till I have passed
The golden gates of that fair shore
Where I shall rest with Him forevermore.
Philippians 1:23 But I am hard-pressed from both directions, having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better;
Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, “Write, ‘Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!’” “Yes,” says the Spirit, “so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them.” 
_____________________________________

I'm sure there are more verses that fit with the lines of this hymn.  If you have any to add, please let me know!  I'd love to hear about them.  Also, if you have any hymns or praise songs that you would like me to do, please let me know. 

In addition, if you want to see the previous song I found in that box, here is my post on The Lord Will Provide by John Newton and my post on God Is In Every Tomorrow by Laura A. Barter Snow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It Is Well With My Soul

Bible Verses for Joy To The World

Bible Verses for How Great Is Our God